Internship Digital Transformation (Start Date: FEB 2020)
Lufthansa Cargo AG is looking for an intern (m/f/diverse) who is motivated to support our team on our current focus areas, which are business and technology trends, data-driven company, process automation, and customer experience design.
You will be part of the department “Digital Transformation”, responsible for defining and securing the achievement of the digital transformation strategy of Lufthansa Cargo. Digital transformation as a companywide measure at Lufthansa Cargo aims to significantly increase the level of digitalization within its processes, its interfaces with customers - forwarders, shippers and consignees - and in generating new revenues through innovative digital business models.
- Support our team in executing strategic projects
- Monitor and evaluate business and technology trends (like process mining, robotic process automation, data virtualization, customer journey design…)
- Support the team in daily operational tasks, like workshops organization, internal events organization, etc.
- At the beginning of your internship you have completed your Bachelor’s degree program (for no more than eight months) or are enrolled in a Master’s degree program
- You are enrolled in a university during the entire period of the internship (please attach the current certificate of enrollment) or internship between the Bachelor and Master program (Gap Year), more information about Gap-Year you can find here: https://www.be-lufthansa.com/de/faq/lufthansa/praktikum-studienabschlussarbeit
- IT affinity and interest in innovative methods related to digital transformation, business and technology trends, data-driven company, process automation, UX design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; very good interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office desired, especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Able to work as an “interface” between IT and business, strategy and operations
- Characterized by a digital mindset and strategic thinking
- Capacity to handle multi-tasking in project management
- Demonstrating commitment, flexibility and the ability to work independently
Why join us?
You will get hands-on insights to strategic aspects of digital transformation in air freight while experiencing how the digital strategy is put into practice. Besides working with the core team, you'll get to work with colleagues in many different departments
Be part of an international team
Experience the working life of Lufthansa Frankfurt base: participate in tours and sports and meet new people
Learn about digital transformation in its day-to-day application
What are your thoughts on digital air freight? Let us know and get involved in shaping Lufthansa Cargo's digital transformation journey with us.